With the passage of time, technology has revolutionized miraculously. Micro-mobility has taken over the masses.
Now is the advanced era of battery-operated scooters for kids. 2022 has introduced the best scooters for kids. E-scooters or electric Skateboards, bicycles, and Segways once reigned the lifestyles of many individuals. The intervention of supreme technology has even replaced traditional scooters for more efficient, battery-operated models.
Electric scooters were once reserved for Kids looking for something truly unique as Razor kicked off the craze back in the late ’90s. Now, other manufacturers have introduced the latest models of e-scooters available in various shapes, sizes and offer their own take on what an electric scooter was meant to be.
From high-performance models which gives you a more efficient way of getting to work to folding models (that fit in a suitcase) makes it a perfect travel mate. The following review takes a closer look at the Top 10 Electric Scooters for Adults in 2022 and shows you all the reasons why you’ve got to see it for believing it.
|Model||Price Range||Power||Max Speed||Load Capacity||Charge Time||Weight||Age||Range||Warranty||Ratings|
|Segway Ninebot MAX||$ 500-1000||800W||18.6 mph||220 lbs||6 hrs||42.1 lbs||14+||40.4 mi||12 mo||9.8||Check Price|
|Xiaomi E-Scooter||$ 200-500||250W||15.5 mph||200 lbs||5 hrs||27 lbs||12+||18 mi||12 mo||9.3||Check Price|
|Glion Dolly E-Scooter||$ 200-500||600W||15 mph||255 lbs||3 hrs||28 lbs||12+||15 mi||12 mo||9.1||Check Price|
|Razor EcoSmart Metro||$ 200-500||500W||18 mph||220 lbs||2.5 hrs||67 lbs||16+||15 mi||3 mo||9.1||Check Price|
|TopMate Mini Electric Tricycle||$ 500-1000||250W||12.5 mph||220 lbs||3.5 hrs||31 lbs||12+||18 mi||12 mo||9.0||Check Price|
1. Segway Ninebot MAX
Segway Ninebot MAX is a kick-to-start scooter and does not have a zero start mode. You must kickstart it to about 3 kmh, which is a safety measure if you accidentally hit the throttle while powered on.
This one the perfect hill-climbing partner where you can maintain about 11 kmh on hills.
The Ninebot Max has a 18.6 mph top speed and has a range of 40.4 miles! And this can be achieved in one charge which runs up to 6 hours.
Ninebot max doesn’t have suspension, but the overall design and sturdiness of the frame offers security and gives the rider full control. It is also equipped with dual brakes.
- Has a powerful motor
- Can reach long distance
- IPX5 water resistance
- Big and heavy for some users
2. Xiaomi Long Range, Foldable and Lightweight Electric Scooter
Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter is not less than an extravagant e-scooters. It’ll give you a super smooth, and hassle-free ride.
Forget about charging it again and again as it has a long lasting charging time. It comes with two spare tires and tubes. It’s one of the best commuting tool one can ever invest their time, and money in.
The bright flashing lights of Xiaomi e-scooter in a price like $$$ is considerably amazing. Apart from bright lights, it offers a speed of 15.5 mph with a 12 months warranty.
The 8.5 inch tyres of Xiaomi e-scooter offers a shock absorbing, and anti-slip treads feature coupled with a foldable e-scooter feature.
Xiaomi electric scooter has many other rich features like anti-slip handle, controlled acceleration, power saving mode, mobile app, tail lights, and dual braking system.
Additionally, it has a battery life of 18.6 miles per charge just to let you enjoy the long rides.
- Has a super smooth braking mechanism
- Has a great flashing lights
- 1 year warranty
- Foldable design, sturdy frame
- The motor has a clicking sound while riding slow (a user experienced it)
- Handlebars don’t fold in
3. Glion Dolly Foldable, Lightweight, Adult Electric Scooter
This ultra-modern Gillon Dolly e-scooter is exceptionally light, and portable.
The feature of premium 36V, 7.8 Ah Lithium ion battery is responsible for boosting the energy density of your scooter. Hence, holding the charge of the battery for longer time, and unlike lead batteries, Lithium ion batteries are protecting the environment as well.
It has a very sleek, and a portable structure. Moreover, the durability and the foldable feature makes it worth buying. It comes with airless rubber tyres so no need to worry about refilling it with air.
Enjoy the long ride in rainy days without the fear of corroding your foldable Gilon Dolly e-scooter.
It’s offering you a warranty of 12 months or 1000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the day you purchase it. The warranty depicts, the more you ride it, the quicker the warranty will expire, before the end of a year. So, if you cover average of 3 miles per day, for sure you are rapidly reducing the warranty period of this e-scooter.
Unlike many of the e-scooter brands, Glion has offered the reasonable warranty for the e-scooter. Even if you are a 9:00 to 5:00 employee, you can charge this scooter two hours before leaving your house for work. Yes! This scooter has a charging time of two hours for 75%, with a maximum speed coverage of 15 mph.
It’ll not flatten the tyres of scooter even if you are 200 lbs, because this scooter can carry 255 lbs without any extra efforts.
Though it’s a bit pricey for such features, but it’s always better to invest once and to enjoy for a longer time period.
- The brakes of this escooter manage to break within a second even on terrain land
- It’s perfect for rainy weather as it doesn’t corrode
- It is extremely portable
- It comes fully assembled which becomes easy to use
- Less charge time with Li-Ion battery (3.5 hours) and quiet motor
- The back wheel kick upwards while driving in mud or puddle
- The material used to hold the bell is made with poor quality so the bell falls off easily
- The tyres of the scooter get stuck in the grooves, making it more liable to slip on wet or irregular surface
4. Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter
That bamboo deck indeed, is the centre of attention for Razor EcoSmart Metro e-scooter.
The overwhelming little rake at the back side of the e-scooter is enough to keep your fluffy cat while riding.
You can assemble the scooter in a blink of an eye. Regardless of less hill power, and lacking foldable handlebars it’s an amazing bike for sure.
Razor Eco Smart e-scooter has brought the flawless feature of bamboo deck within $$$. The bamboo deck is weather resistant, generates oxygen, an absolute alternative & renewable material for aluminum, and plastics. Thus, the name “Eco Smart” has fairly done a justice with its name.
Another excellent quality it holds is, the minimum charging time of e-scooter is 2.5 hours, it’s less than a time you watch your favorite TV show. Moreover, it can cover 18 mph, and can easily carry 220 lbs of weight.
- The bamboo deck is very nice and durable
- It is an eco friendly e-scooter
- Quick and easy to assemble
- It comes with a complete mini tool kit
- Perfect for long rides as it has a comfortable seat
- It has a less charging time of 2.5 hours
- It does not have a foldable design which is a problem for some people
- Does not have front brakes
- It has a short warranty period of 90 days
- The battery life of this e-scooter is upto 40 minutes which is a short one
5. TopMate Foldable Mini Electric Tricycle
One of the most advanced and the most portable e-scooter for adults is the TopMate folding mini tricycle. This electric scooter is highlighted by a unique foldable design which conveniently fits in a suitcase.
The patented folding operation makes it simple to fold and unfold. Once folded, it is even light enough to carry with one hand. The stylish look will let you stand out as it consists of high-quality paint which won’t fade over time.
The TopMate Electric Tricycle is made of a lightweight, durable aluminum aviation alloy which makes up 98% its composite. The material is corrosion resistant and a complete package with an efficient Lithium Ion battery giving you a lifespan of 35 kms, which helps secure your investment for years to come.
- Smooth rides on flat, level surfaces
- Simple assembly with only the handlebar
- Foldable, compact, and fits in a luggage suitcase
- Can be used as handicap permissible
- Cannot handle steep inclines or rough terrain
- Does go in reverse
- Not comfortable for tall riders
6. GOTRAX GXL G2 Commuting Electric Scooter – Version 2
Look more sporty, and energetic with Gotrax GXL G2 e-scooter. This one will surely compel your friends to have a ride on it.
This could be a perfect Christmas gift for your siblings, friends, and even neighbours you like the most. It is a budget friendly e-scooter with the standard performance.
The Gotrax G2 e-scooter is totally based upon an ergonomic design. Now, it might be a new term for some of you. Designs that are made by keeping the efficiency, and safety of humans are called as ergonomy designs. Thus, a design like this, is one of the best features for a safe and comfortable riding experience.
In such a reasonable price tag, Gotrax GXL G2 is offering you an ergonomic design, up to 15.5 mph speed and 9-12 miles range without worrying about battery consumption.
Moreover, the e-scooter can bare upto 220 lbs weight which is a fair enough weight limit for current e-scooter industry.
- It’s not a heavy scooter
- It has a sturdy construction and ergonomic design
- This new version is installed with hand-brakes, and reinforced baseboard & fender
- It can easily accommodate heavy weight people weighing till 220 pounds (~100 kg)
- It has disk brakes
- Has a very sensitive throttle which makes the cruise control difficult
- Battery gauge could have multiple bars to show the battery levels more accurately
- It has a limited 90 days warranty
7. Segway Ninebot E22 Electric Scooter
Who so ever is fond of e-scooter rides can never be unfamiliar with the Segway e-scooters. It has a wide range of commuters and two-wheel transport.
This Ninebot E22 e-scooter by Segway can cover a maximum speed of 12.4 mph. The 8-Inch front and 7.5-Inch back tires provide a smoother ride even in rainy weather.
Moreover, this foldable e-scooter comes with foot pads that can easily be cleaned to look as “new” as possible. It has anti braking, cruise control, and well-working shock absorption system.
You can go for grocery shopping, or walk in parks while locking your e-scooter; as it has the safety locks to trust on.
Segway Ninebot E22 e-scooter has introduced the updated version (Segway Ninebot ES2) for its users. The modified version has: A maximum speed of 15.5 mph, owns a Bluetooth connectivity for firmware updates, and for controlling the e-scooter with a remote. The recent model Ninebot ES3 offers 18.6 mph top speed and 28 miles range while it takes too long to charge (7 hours).
- Has a quick, and agile sport mode
- Has a safety lock
- The body of the scooter is made with solid, high-quality materials
- The battery life is super durable
- Gives a smooth ride even in rainy seasons
- 90 days warranty time could be more
- The tires are not aligned with the handle bars (according to a user)
- This e-scooter is very slow for uphill rides (a user experienced)
8. TOMOLOO Foldable Commuting E-Scooter
The super sleek e-scooter is meant both for kids, and adults. The bluetooth, and LED lights enhances the purchasing power of Tomoloo foldable electric scooter.
The extraordinary feature it holds is the self balancing. So, you need not to worry if your kid is riding it without your assistance. The moment you’ll unbox it, your kids will thank you for every time they’ll ride it. It is super easy and quick to learn for beginner kids.
In $$$, Tomoloo is offering you an e-scooter with a 15.5 mph speed, battery life of 18.6 miles, and a mobile app.
Within a single charge this e-scooter can cover 18.6 miles without any hassle along with an accessibility of a free mobile app. The app aims for controlling the motor of this e-scooter, changing the colors of the light, and recording the ride statistics.
Though it’s not foldable but, offers a warranty of 12 months.
- The bluetooth speakers are loud and amazing
- The colors of the light are bright
- It is a decent sturdy scooter Stylish look appeals to adult riders
- It does not make loud noises
- Quick charging time – under 3 hours
- Higher end of the price range
- The app does not work well (few of the users experienced it)
9. NANROBOT D4+ 2x1000W High Speed Electric Scooter
Get ready to encounter another super enjoyable riding experience with a NANROBOT D4+ e-scooter.
This one is a new version of the D3+ e-scooter. Some new features it adds up are emergency brakes, better damping system, and faster speed.
It owns not one, not two, and not even three but, 6 shock absorbers. Moreover, it offers to cover 43 miles range in per charge!
The tires size is the same for the current, and the previous model D3+. Fortunately, it comes up with 40 mph speed! The foldable design of D4+ is worth buying with the concoction of other features as well.
Unfortunately, it offers a very short warranty of 2 months only. It can be extended for extra charge. 1 year warranty can be bought for $99, and 2 years warranty can be bought for $189.
Owing to the richest features, reliable customer care, and reasonable price; NANROBOT D4 is the best electric scooter for adults.
D5+ is the second child of NANROBOT D3+. D5+ offers its riders 40 mph speed same as the last D4+ model. The charging time, dual motors, tire size, and the warranty procedure is a carbon copy as well. While comparing with the previous two models, D5+ can cover up to 50 miles range in a single charge.
Despite the improved version of NANROBOT D5+, the latest model is too pricey to experience.
- The shock absorbers work great for a smooth ride Long battery life (up to 43 miles)
- The appearance of this e-scooter is modish
- Head, tail, and brake lights are made with very high-quality materials
- 1000W x 2 dual motor
- Comes with emergency brakes
- It offers a reliable and a stress-free customer service
- The brake cable is bit long
- Tires could be air filled
- Waterproof but, NANROBOT recommends not to use it in heavy rain
10. NANROBOT D3 800W Long Range Adult Electric Scooter
This smart looking e-scooter is a dream e-scooter for many. The sleek and modern looking body of the NANROBOT D3 e-scooter is very classic.
In the price range of $$$$, it is offering some spectacular features. The specs made this e-scooter so flawless that, consumers don’t have a single doubt in their minds for purchasing it.
This escooter has a shorter warranty period of 2 months. To extend the warranty period, 1 year warranty can be bought for $99 or for extending it to 2 years, $189 warranty can be preferred.
NANROBOT D3 electric scooter consumes, 6-10 hours to fully charge. Amazingly, in per charge it can cover 43 miles. We are not done yet; it also offers 28 mph max speed and 264-pound weight limit.
Although, NANROBOT D3 offers less contrasting with D4+, but the features D3 offers is highly demanded in the market. Notably, the 28mph speed and 43 miles range are the most desirable by the regular riders.
Hence, for such useful features in the price NANROBOT D3, comes to the second best adult electric scooter in our list.
- Great top speed (28 mph)
- Long battery life (up to 43 miles)
- Very well equipped with 48V 18A Li-Ion battery
- 800W powerful motor
- Double shock absorption mechanism makes the ride smoother, and safer
- Offers a reliable and a stress-free customer service
- It only has a warranty of 2 months
11. NANROBOT D5+ Foldable Lightweight 2000W Electric Scooter
NanRobot D5+ is the second child of NanRobot D3+. The first child, NanRobot D4+ has brought something innovative to the table. Let’s see what D5+ has got for its riders.
In the price range of $$$$, D5+ offers its riders 40 mph speed same as the previous D4+ model. The charging time, dual motors, tire size, and the warranty procedure is a carbon copy as well.
While comparing with the previous two models, D5+ can cover up to 50 miles range in a single charge. 50 miles range is one of the best value in the e-scooter industry.
It owns a foldable design and can carry the weight up to 330 lbs.
Same as of its previous two versions D3 and D4+, it offers a very short warranty of 2 months only. 1 year warranty can be bought for $99, and 2 years warranty can be bought for $189.
- Comes with a remote for activating the alarm system
- Overall, it is a customizable e-scooter
- The lights are very bright
- The dual motor is very handy for climbing hills
- It has a very fast speed
- It offers a reliable and stress-free customer service
- Brakes are very sensitive
The main concerns with electric scooters, in particular, are safety and whether cities’ current infrastructure can support the massive influx of these vehicles.
However, it varies from person to person either to own a mobile device or luxury vehicle. Still, one must be vigilant in choosing. Keeping in view the demands of traffic conditions in different cities and the rushy hours e-scooters work the best.
According to our ranking, NANROBOT D4+ has taken the lead amongst the rest of the e-scooters. It owns 6 shock absorbers. Moreover, it offers to cover 45 miles range in per charge with a maximum speed of 40 mph!
Although NANROBOT D3 offers less, contrasting with D4+, the features of D3 are highly demanded in the market. Notably, the 28 mph maximum speed and 43 miles range are the most desirable features by the regular riders.
Hence, for such useful features in the price of NANROBOT D3, it comes to the second-best adult electric scooter in our list.
If you are looking forward to a seated adult e-scooter; NANROBOT e-scooter is for you. Razor Ecosmart and Topmate tricycle are more options at an affordable price.
If you consider more the quality and the performance of e-scooters, then NANROBOT D5+ or D4+ is the best choice for you. NANROBOT brand offers excellent customer service; they will take care of any misfortunes.
Don’t want to release your pocket’s weight? Then, boldly step in for buying the GOTRAX GXL V2 with an inexpensive price tag under $300. Before deciding to buy GXL, keep in mind that the range of GXL is 9-12 miles for a single charge, which might be insufficient for long commutes.
Xiaomi is another e-scooter we suggest with an average price and standard features. It offers a lightweight and foldable design, with the stylish appearance and techie features.